Pages

 
 
Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Nicholas Teo was both cool and smiling

Nicholas Teo started work as early as 6am two days ago. It was for photo and television advertisement shooting of the endorsement product, LG new model handphone.

(Kuala Lumpur) After being busy with his first major concert, Nicholas Teo throws himself into the task of ad-shooting for LG KF510 handphone which he currently endorses. The director requires of him to continue playing cool. However, Nicholas was afraid that it would be overly fake so he still put on smiles and be his own self.

"It's fine if you want me to smile, but playing cool is not possible. I tried my best to be natural, otherwise it would turn out to be disgusting! They wanted me to display actions like those of models but that wouldn't be Nicholas Teo. I'm afraid it will frighten people. If it's drama filming, there's no problem and I can act. But I'm endorsing the product as Nicholas Teo."

Inside the television ad, Nicholas only needs to simply dance and then a 6-figure sum will enter his pocket. Actions which require high level of difficulty will be given to a substitute. Due to the training for 《新歌試唱》"Trying a New Song" dance moves and those for the concert, Nicholas
commented that there was improvement so the filming had went quite smoothly.

"This is my first time filming for a television ad and I quite anticipate it and also fun. Could be that it is done indoors and quite relaxing. But, the commercial is only 30 seconds long and you have to strongly make full use of the time. Before readying your mood, you have to start filming. One moment requesting me to laugh fully, then another for me to play cool, yet after for me to talk. Feeling like an insane person, ha!"

Nicholas' television advertisement was planned to be released out at the end of the month. Meanwhile, it will only be broadcast in Malaysia and has Malay, English and Chinese versions. Nicholas said the one which takes much skills is the English pronunciation. It was filmed many times before the director accepted the work. Previously, they had the intention of using his 《新歌試唱》song as the advertisement main theme. However, Nicholas' manager expressed that it was feared to cause the focus to be vague or to choose another of his new songs to match.


Source: China Press

0 comments:

Updates Via E-Mail

Labels